Highlighted

Poor Build Quality of Universal Laptop Charger!!

[ Edited ]

Just some feedback on this product:  RF-BPRACDC​2 (Universal 90W AC/DC Laptop Charger)

I've had this product for less than 2 months.  Within two-three weeks of buying the product, the cable sheething had already pulled out of the tip, exposing the uninsulated wires.  Yesterday, the blue indicator light stopped working all together, and the unit is nonresponsive all together (doesn't charge ac or dc)

Plus, the unit is heavy, in retrospect not something a mobile user would want to carry around!!!

I don't have packaging or receipts anymore, otherwise I would simply return, but I did want to provide details to anyone thinking of buying this product the questionable build quality of this product.  If the unit I received is any indication of the average product quality of these universal chargers, you'd be better off pocketing your $99 dollars, and saving up for a new laptop rather than buy this thing!

{removed per forum guidelines}

Regular Contributor

Re: Poor Build Quality of Universal Laptop Charger!!

Hello gillespieddl,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Thank you for your feedback on this item and I sincerely apologize that you have been having performance problems.  However, it seems that you are still under factory warranty, so you may certainly bring it into your local store along with your purchase receipt to obtain a replacement.

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

I agree with you!!!
I've only had mine about 2 weeks and it's already acting up.
I would think at eighty bucks they'd put some decent components in this thing!
Just my luck.
I've got 30 days to try and get it back to BB before my reciept runs out. Last I herd they don't do refunds wich I'm not too happy about.
anyone know if I can add ten to it plus shipping and just have them order me a power supply dezigned for my laptop?

I found this thread, as i have the same charger and it appeared to completely quit working.  I messed with it for a while and finally googled around.

I just got the blue indicator light to come on and it works  (Yay).  But it only comes on if its plugged in a certain direction and only plugged in about 30% into the wall.  so the charger is definitely faulty thats for sure.

While im at it, i might as well throw in that the tips on the charger dont work that great all the time.  alot of time the don't register as connected when i plug it in.  i have to jimmy it around until it stops blinking as a result of being on then off every 2 seconds.

yo

Just bought the 90w charger from Amazon and received it today. It worked for 20 minutes and died!! No lights on now, even tried a different outlet. Pulled out my trusty multi meter and its completely dead. I read so many horror stories about this charger before I bought it, but I was under the impression it cant really be that bad can it? Rocketfish=Deadfish