Visitor

Connection Advice

I am trying to use the rocket fish 4-port  switcher to connect my satellite TV receiver box, my AV tuner/receiver, my HD TV, Blue ray player and computer. My AV receiver only has one output and 2 input HDMI ports so I want to use the switcher to increase the number of devices I can hook up. What is the right configuration so that  I can play material from all sorces on the TV and sound system?? All devices have HDMI ports.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thx

Lawrence

Regular Contributor

Re: Connection Advice

Hello Lawrence, 

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

We'll be happy to look into this concern if you'll please reply with:

What is your satellite provider/TV model number?
If your concern occurs during viewing, in what mode does it happen (e.g. cable/satellite, gaming, over-the-air broadcasts, DVD/Blu-ray)?
If other components are involved (e.g. a game console, home theater system, or Blu-ray player) what are they and how have you connected them to your TV (e.g. HDMI, composite, component)?

Is the problem intermittent or frequent?
Have you made any recent changes or additions to your home theater configuration?

The more information that we have about your situation, the better we may properly address your issue.

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Equipment

SXRD HD Sony TV with two input HDMI ports

6131 Bell HD satellite box with one HDMI output port

Sony STRDA3200 RES 7.1 Channel Surrond Sound A/V Receiver with 2 input HDMI ports and 1 output HDMI port

Sony Blue Ray Player BDP-S1 with one output HDMI port

Alienware Computer

Rocketfish RF-G1185 4-port switcher

Current hookup

Satellite box input to AV receiver input

AV receiver output to HDTV input

Rocketfish output to AV receiver input

Blue ray out put to rocketfish input

Computer to rocketfish input

Current Problems

Satellite TV works fine  both audio and visual

Blue ray player has sound only without TV picture

Help. Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hello Lawrence,

With all the devices power cords unplugged connect the HDMI cables from the Satellite, Blu-ray, and Computer to the RF-G1185 inputs 1-3.  Connect the output of the RF-G1185 to the AV receiver input and the AV receiver output to the TV.  Then plug in the Adapter, then the AV Receiver, then the TV, and finally the other 3 devices.  With that setup you will be able to leave the TV and AV Receiver on one input and switch the input on the RF-G1185 to change source devices.

Regards,
Cory
Rocketfish™ Support