Visitor

Rf-G1182 splitter issue with RF Link 5001 sender

I have a Direct TV HR24-100 HD DVR connected to a RF-G1182 splitter.  The splitter connects to a Vizio M320SL TV and a RF-Link WHD-5001 Wireless HD A/V Sender.  The Wireless Sender transmits the signal to a Wireless Receiver connected to a Visio M220MV TV.    I can't run a HDMI cable to the 2nd TV.

My problem is that the M220 TV loses the signal at random times.  Sometimes power cycling the Wireless Receiver will get the TV restarted, but that is annoying.  My Direct TV technican says that the DVR is checking the outputs and "talks" to the devices.  I guess this is HCDP being a pain in the rear.  

I have power cycled the splitter, power cycled the HD DVR, unhooked cables with power unplugged, etc.  No apparent change in frequencey of signal loss at the 2nd TV. 

Do you have any ideas?

Regular Contributor

Re: Rf-G1182 splitter issue with RF Link 5001 sender

Hello ,

Welcome to Community@Rocketfish™!

Generally the only limitation for the RF-G1182 is that the device that has the lowest maximum resolution must be connected on output one.  It seems the issue is with the RF-Link device losing connection and not the Rocketfish splitter since the other TV maintains signal.  You can connect the Direct TV directly to the RF-Link WHD-5001 to see if the signal still drops.  If so you will need to contact the RF-Link support line so they can troubleshoot their product.

Regards,
Cory
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Thanks for the troubleshooting tip. 

When the WHD-5001 Sender is directly connected with the Direct TV DVR there are no problems with dropped signal.   It works fine.

The signal to the Vizio M220MV TV is unreliable when plugged into the splitter when the other Vizio TV is turned off.  

Interestingly,  the signal unreliability seems to be lower when the other TV is on.  

What's next?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hello DaveH,

We seem to have eliminated the WHD-5001 from dropping signal by itself, so it is likely an issue with HDCP.  We can check that the RF-G1182 is working correctly by temporally moving the second TV so it can be connected by an HDMI cable and see if the connection stays.  If the wired connection work fine we know the issue is most likely with the HDCP signals getting crossed between the devices.  When trying to get the HDCP signal through multiple devices it can cause issue like you describe.

If the wired connection doesn't work then we know the issue is with the splitter.  You can switch which TV plugs into the output 1 and see if that makes a difference.  Both TVs are the same resolution so it shouldn't make a difference but they do have different refresh rates.  If the splitter continues to cut out when connected wired I would recommend returning with your splitter and a copy of your receipt to your place of purchase in order to pursue the possibility of warranty repair or replacement.

Regards,
Cory
Rocketfish™ Support