Visitor

remote code

I bought a rf-rbwso2 wireless speaker and I don't want another remote to keep up with.  Can I operate the volume using my Dish TV remote?

Regular Contributor

Re: remote code

Hello jerrylee,

Welcome to Community@Rocketfish™!

Unfortunately I can not give you a definite answer on whether your Dish network remote can be programmed to control the RF-RBWS02.  Each remote manufactures chooses what instruction sets the include in their own remote.  For Dish Network there are some common codes (720, 834, 538) that tend to work with our devices.  If these codes are unsuccessful I would suggest you use the code search feature on your Dish Network remote to test each code until you find one that works.  This link will take you to the Dish Remote page to get the Scan instruction.

Regards,
Cory
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Thanks Cory.  I found the code to be 746 and since I used the AUX mode I had to key in 2746.  The Dish remote will turn the unit off and on but I can't get it to work the volume.  I tried to teach the remote with no success.  Any other suggestions? Also, I can tell no difference when I press the bass buton on the remote. What might be wrong?

Regular Contributor

Hello jerrylee,

Make sure you hit the Aux button on the Dish remote so it is in the right mode.  Then try the volume button on the dish remote.  If the volume works in Aux mode but not Sat mode you will need to program the Dish remote to use the Aux mode as its volume source.  If the volume still will not work then you may need to continue with the code search and see if another code provides more functionality.  When I setup my last cable remote it was the 3rd code I found that shut off the TV and was able to control the volume.  So I would suggest trying the scan again until you another code that powers it off.  There is no guarantee that the Dish remote will be able to control all the functions.

As for the bass button I assume you mean on the Rocketfish remote.  When you press that button the Bass light under the power indicator should toggle between lit and not.  If something is playing at a low volume or doesn't have much bass you will not notice much of a difference.  When you play songs that are more bass heavy and have the volume turned up you should notice a change.  Make sure your input device is at least turned up to 50% of its volume.

Regards,
Cory
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Thanks again Cory, I learned I have to point the Rockfish remote at the speaker to activate the bass rather than the receiver as I do for the other functions.  I will continue to search for other codes on the Dish remote. Thanks.